Junior Volunteering Ages 12-15Minimum Age: 12Individuals ages 12 -15 are welcome to volunteer per arrangements with our volunteer coordinator. Tasks include sweeping and landscaping; there is no direct interaction with our horses. After a small orientation, they should be able to perform tasks with minimal supervision. Documentation is available for school credit.Office Work & Special Events VolunteersMinimum Age: 16Throughout the year, we need help in the office with campaign mailers and special events, such as our annual Gala, Family Holiday Party, and Spring Fling Riding Showcase. We welcome volunteers to help stuff and stamp envelopes, help with crafts, photography, and more!Facility/General Grounds VolunteerMinimum Age: 12We always need assistance keeping our grounds and facilities looking sharp. If you have handyperson skills, or just enjoy being outdoors around people and animals, we welcome you to contact us for volunteering opportunities. Hours are flexible and year round.Session Volunteers (Side Walking)Minimum Age: 16Side Walkers walk beside the horse for the entire therapy session (30 minutes), and their primary job is maintaining the safety of the patient/client at all times. Side Walkers are integral members of our treatment teams. Experience with horses or people with disabilities is not necessary — just enthusiasm, strong backs, and the stamina to keep up with our patients and horses!
Qualifications for Side Walking:
- Ability to walk continuously for 60 minutes and jog for short distances on uneven ground.
- Bend, twist, and raise arms to shoulder height. Assist a child or adult from horseback to the ground.
- Make a regular commitment to NCEFT (1-2 hours per week). We operate Mon- Fri, 10a to 5p.
- Volunteers should be 16 years (responsible teenagers) or older. Documentation is available for school credit or work. Those 18 and older are subject to background checks.
- Volunteer training/orientation required.