Last updated 8/31/2019
Applicants are limited to those individuals who:
1) perform a minimum of 24 hours of volunteer community service for an organization or organizations on the EQUUS Foundation Equine Welfare Network during the calendar year preceding the award of the scholarship, thereby achieving Champion status as defined by the EQUUS Foundation; such hours to be logged in on the EQUUS Foundation website during the calendar year ending on December 31 of the year preceding the award of the scholarship, and such hours to be verified by the organization(s) and the EQUUS Foundation.
2) have a GPA of 3.00 or above unless the applicant is applying only for an Alliance scholarship where a GPA of 3.00 or above is not a requirement.
3) meet any additional eligibility requirements for and comply with the rules governing Alliance scholarships if the applicant is applying for an Alliance scholarship.
1) To participate, the individual must sign up on the Equine Welfare Network.
2) The individual is responsible for logging in the hours volunteered prior to December 31 11:59 PM, Eastern Standard Time in the calendar year preceding the award of the scholarship.
3) All volunteer hours must be verified by the EQUUS Foundation and the organization(s) for which service was provided. The EQUUS Foundation reserves the right to disqualify any hour(s) deemed questionable.
4) The individual must complete the EQUUS Foundation online application by February 15 in the calendar year in which the scholarship is awarded.
5) Materials submitted as part of the application process become the property of the EQUUS Foundation and will not be returned. The materials will be used as the EQUUS Foundation deems appropriate, and are not subject to any right of confidentiality unless specifically agreed to in writing by the EQUUS Foundation.
6) The individual gives permission to the EQUUS Foundation to ask individuals to review the information provided by the applicant and to the individuals selected to give advice and information to the EQUUS Foundation.
7) A committee selected by the EQUUS Foundation will be responsible for the evaluation of the applications and the selection of the recipient; the number of hours of community service over and above the 24-hour minimum requirement and the impact of the community service will be taken into consideration in the selection process.
8) The recipient will be notified by the EQUUS Foundation on or before May 1 in the calendar year in which the scholarship is awarded.
9) The recipient agrees to allow the EQUUS Foundation the right to publicize the recipient’s name on its website, and in email communications and printed materials.
10) The recipient will be solely responsible for any federal, state or local taxes.
11) The EQUUS Foundation is under no obligation to fund or otherwise have a future relationship with any applicant or recipient.
12) Other guidelines may apply for Alliance scholarships. Please review the details associated with each Alliance Scholarship by clicking on the name of the specific Alliance scholarship.