||Sponsored by Ariat International, the Champions program is an incentive-based equine service program to stimulate and reward volunteerism on behalf of horses.
Individuals achieving Champion status become eligible to receive Champion benefits, including the opportunity for scholarships to further their academic education.
The EQUUS Foundation is deeply grateful to Ariat International
for making this program possible.
is donating five gift certificates each quarter to individuals who achieve Champion status. Each quarter, a drawing will be conducted where five (5) Champions will each receive a $250 Gift Certificate for Ariat Boots. The earlier you achieve Champion status, the more chances you have to win.
to learn more.
Three charities will be selected randomly each year to receive a grant of $1,500 for first place, $1,000 for 2nd place, and $500 for 3rd place based on their volunteers participation in the Champions program.
It's easy to become a CHAMPION! Just volunteer for a minimum of 24 volunteer hours from January 1st to December 31st for an organization on the network and log in the hours. The volunteer hours will be verified by the organization.
Once you achieve CHAMPION status, continue to log in your volunteer hours throughout the year as there are benefits still under development that involve rewards for the quantity of service.
to view our 2018 Champions!
You can also volunteer directly for the EQUUS Foundation by using social media and community outreach to educate and inspire more equestrians and horse lovers to become horse protectors. We know your life is probably jam-packed, but consider hosting an event to support the EQUUS Foundation, such as bake sales, car washes, runs, or trail rides. Log in to post your hours and select EQUUS Foundation as your charity.
The more followers we have, the stronger a voice we can be for America's horses! "Like" and follow us social media — Facebook, Instagram and Twitter — and challenge your friends to do the same.
• Take a photo or make a video with your equine friend. If you do not have a horse to appear with you in your photo or video, you can imitate a horse by stomping, whinnying, snorting, and eating a carrot! Be creative and fun!
• We want your post to be unique and in your own voice. Tell us why horses are special to you and deserve our protection, or you can say something like:
"I, [your name], support the EQUUS Foundation. I want all of America's horses to live in comfort, and with purpose and dignity. I challenge [names of at least three friends you are challenging] to join me."
"I, [your name], support the EQUUS Foundation. I want to share the magic of horses with as many people as possible. I challenge [names of at least three friends you are challenging] to join me."
"I, [your name], support the EQUUS Foundation. I challenge [names of at least three friends you are challenging] to join me and donate at equusfoundation.org/star. Every donation makes a difference!"
• Post your photo or video to social media, tagging #EQUUSFoundation and the friends you are challenging.
More to say:
• As the only national animal welfare charity in the United States 100% dedicated to horse welfare and the horse-human bond, the EQUUS Foundation's mission is to protect America's horses and strengthen the bond between horses and people. Over 75,000 American horses were transported over the border to slaughter last year. Most were healthy and had untapped potential not just as athletes but also as companions, teachers, and healers.
• The EQUUS Foundation is dedicated to inspiring equine organizations across America to operate at the highest level of horse care and use - and inspiring horse lovers to be horse protectors.
• The EQUUS Foundation focuses its efforts on dramatically increasing the number of adoptions of America's horses in transition, reducing the number of horses potentially at risk for abuse and neglect, increasing the number of horses participating in Equine Assisted Activities and Therapies (EAAT) and the availability of EAAT to the special needs population.
• As horse lovers, equestrians and people who work with and care about horses, it is critical that we step up now and take care of these noble animals that need our protection.
• Let’s DO THIS — Show us YOUR posts!!!!!
2018-07-25 - Making New Friends - Two- and Four-Legged Ones!
2018-04-23 - A Force of Good! EQUUS Foundation Announces 2018 Champion Scholarship Recipients Sponsored by Ariat International
2018-04-16 - Helping Hands for Horses - 5 Dedicated Volunteers Honored as EQUUS Foundation Ariat Champions!
2018-02-07 - Jolene - One of Many Cared For by Ariat Champions While Waiting for Forever Homes
2017-10-18 - Ariat Honors Volunteers That Change the Lives of Horses - and People
2017-07-18 - Ariat Continues Support of Dedicated Equine Volunteers
2017-04-26 - Chores that make dreams come true
2017-04-08 - EQUUS Foundation Announces 2017 Champion Scholarship Recipients Sponsored by Ariat International
2017-01-19 - Discovering "Happy Places" thanks to EQUUS Foundation's Champions & Ariat
2016-10-22 - EQUUS Foundation's Champions - Equestrians That Serve
2016-08-15 - Mother-Daughter volunteer team win $2,500 grant for equine rescue
2016-07-25 - Making miracles happen by doing all we can with what we have!
2016-05-05 - EQUUS Foundation Announces 2016 Champion Scholarship Recipients Sponsored by Ariat International
2016-04-21 - The special spirit of equine volunteers seen through this must-see video!
2016-01-11 - Why volunteering really matters!